Resources - Chapter 15 Supplement
Position Statement Examples
The following position statements illustrate the range of differential advantages from types of services, to philosophy, to specific clientele and to location. Position statements are similar to slogans—though not always so catchy.
Some position statements are based solely upon the service(s) provided. This approach is usually taken when a practitioner has specialized knowledge, a unique service, a particularly clever slogan or state-of-the-art equipment.
- "On Pins and Needles? Try Acupuncture for Relief"
- "We Use the Latest Advances in Dental Technology"
- "The Only Certified Practitioner in the Midwest"
- "Trained by the Founder of [insert well-known name here]"
- "We Use an Array of Modalities"
Most wellness providers have strong beliefs about the nature of well-being and their particular approach to wellness. Quite often, this is the major quality that distinguishes one practitioner from another.
- "We Treat You as a Whole Person"
- "Your Well-Being is Our Purpose"
- "The Beginning of a Healthy Lifestyle"
- "Helping People to Get in Touch with Their Selves"
- "The First Thing We Do is Listen"
- "Your Kids Have a Voice with Us"
- "Supporting You in Creating Success While Keeping Balance"
- "The Gentle Approach to Deep Tissue Therapy"
- "Our Touch Helps You Get in Touch with Yourself"
- "We Use Holistic Methods Whenever Possible"
- "Combining Ancient Healing Wisdom with State-of-the-Art Technology"
Some position statements are based on appealing to a target market. For example, you may prefer to only work with one gender or a specific age group. Maybe your focus is treating a specific condition or part of the body.
- "Seniors are Our Specialty"
- "Woman to Woman"
- "Making Your Pregnancy More Comfortable"
- "Giving Athletes that Competitive Edge"
- "My Hands for Your Feet"
- "Helping You Overcome Your Phobias"
- "We Work Exclusively with ACAs"
- "The Specialists in Head and Neck Injuries"
Expound upon your location's accessibility, convenience or ambiance.
- "The Healthy Coffee Break Alternative"
- "Have Table, Will Travel"
- "Providing All Your Wellness Needs in One Location"
- "A Haven from the Hectic Workplace"
- "Too Stressed to Leave Home? We Make House Calls"
- "Only Twenty Minutes from Downtown, Yet a World Apart"
- "A Health Oasis in the Desert"